California Girl in PEI

Daisypath Next Aniversary Ticker

Saturday, April 05, 2008

It's been a while.....

I just havent been in the mood to blog since last time. that same week I started to have a patch of hives and it grew from there. after a week of this patch i went to the doctors, he put me on an antihistamine but that didnt help and the hives continued to build and spread. back to the doctor again. he did blood work, nothing came back out of the normal and that is when things got more depressing for me.

we now feel its some kind of food allergy of some kind. so with that off i was on a journey of boring bland and only a hand full of foods until the hives went away. how long? took almost 2 weeks for me to feel better. in that time i only ate: baked chicken, plain rice, grapes, bananas, plain rice cakes, water and herbal tea with sugar. nothing else. YUM. im so sick of all this.

this past thursday was the first day i finally felt better and didnt have a night of itching so I got to add a "food type" so I chose wheat. had wheat toast for breakfast with chicken, lunch the same and at the science fair i had a plain wheat bagel. nothing more that day. later that night i was breaking out again and yesterday was the pits. so....so far im effected by wheat.

i now have to go back to square one again so the hives that reappeared are gone and im not itching again. YAY! today is day two of chicken and rice again and im hoping tomorrow i can add another item. im going to try EGGS.

im so sick of this stuff. im really deep into my depression again and just dont want to do anything. doctor has me off work until the end of next week and im not sure what im going to do after that. i just cant handle anything right now and im seem so scatter brained as well.

on top of all this im now worried about what im going to do on my vacation coming up on May 1st. my only thought was to just go nuts and blow this all. im just sick of it and miserable with itching. im so upset that im on the edge of tears most of my days...if its not that im just turned off emotionally all together.

hubby feels so bad that he cant do anything to help me. he had helped me some, putting stuff on my back and being there for me to talk this all out even though its always the same thing.. me whining about how uncomfortable i am and how depressing things have gotten. I have also spent many night sleeping (trying actually) out in the living room on the recliner so i dont keep hubby awake with all my itching and scratching.

so there you have it. that has been my past month. exciting and i dont wish this on anyone. its the pits.