California Girl in PEI

Daisypath Next Aniversary Ticker

Wednesday, March 12, 2008

guess what???.....

IM GOING TO VEGAS!!! I am so excited I can burst!

The plan was initally a thought to suprise my mom in Vegas Easter weekend when she is planning to be there. But, I couldnt get any cheap flight with such short notice, the fact its Easter weekend and also in the middle of March Break holiday.

so the idea was tossed around between me and hubby that I see what I could find for sometime in May around my birthday to fly back to the West coast and spend time with my mom.

I check some flights out and found a really good deal ($512 round trip) for Memorial Weekend. I called my mom and asked her what she was doing that weekend and if she had anymore comp rooms in vegas she could use.

She informed me that she already had a room booked in May but was over the Cino De Mayo weekend. I told her my plan of what I wanted to do and she was excited to hear I was wanting to do this. So, I went to check out the other dates and got the same price but had to add a day at the beginning of my trip which is ok.

Im all booked and ready to go and hang out with my mom for a weekend. I havent seen her in three years. I think one of my sisters is going to join us also....wohoo....girls weekend out!

I fly into Vegas at around 11:30am on thursday May 1st. my mom wont be there until friday early evening so i had to book a room for myself for the one night. I have just over 24 hours to explore the strip by myself. at first thought i was a bit nervous about it ...but now im so ready for this exprience to just be by myself there and just do what i want without worrying about anyone else (not that i dont like that). I get 5 whole days in vegas! early in on thursday and dont leave until 1130pm on monday night.

Dont get me wrong now....Im a worry wart about my family at home alone without me. kiddo still has to get to school. so that means she will be walking or biking those 4 days of school im not there. have to make sure they have enought prepared food for them for dinners. the hard part for me is the fact hubby doesnt drive so they will be home the whole time not going anywhere unless they take a cab or get a ride from someone. hubby is planning to take those days off himself to be home for kiddo when she gets home from school and its also easier with no ride to and from work.

This cant get here quick enough for me now. its all im have been thinking about for the last 24hours and im driving hubby crazy with my talk about it. lol

IM GOING TO VEGAS!!! LALALALALALALALALALA